A note on career change

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Time for a change?
How do you know?

Is now a good time to be considering a career change, since there was so much uncertainty in the economy and the job market?

According to Alicia Caswell from Impact Life, anytime is the right time to look for a new career. It's how you choose to go about doing it and the reasons for doing it that matter. If you're not happy with your current path, and think it's time to explore other options, here's some suggestions from Alicia:

Assess your need:

Have a heart to heart with yourself (and your coach if you have one) about where you are and what is going on in your life that is making you feel like you need a change. Is it really a career change you need or maybe just a job change? It might be some other kind of change.

Ask yourself the following questions:

  • Am I sick of my company/boss?
  • If I stayed in the same line of work, but had more to do, or a better environment to do it in, would I be happier?
  • How satisfied will I be in five years, if I am doing the same type of work that I'm doing now?

If you want to dig deeper into this, I highly suggest you check out Alicia Caswell's blog, Be Your Best Success.

0 comments:

Post a Comment