Live in the presence of magic

Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Photo credit: Del Sol Photography via Style Me Pretty

I could tell you about what I'm doing day to day, studying corporate finance and statistics, getting a start-up ready for series A funding, vacuuming endless dog hair, and developing strategic marketing strategy.

Or I could talk about magic. Let's do that.

I saw the above photo on Style Me Pretty, and it took my breath away. That's what magic is, little moments where anything in the world is possible, because it all comes together as something unworldly beautiful. But it's even better because it's real. I think the Harry Potter books are right. We don't notice the magic that happens every day right in front of us. We're too engrossed in the non-important details to see and appreciate what is beautiful...The rain catching the light just right, on the happiest day two people have yet to share, on the first day of the rest of their lives. So I challenge myself (and all of you): as spring approaches, witness at least one thing that is magical.

0 comments:

Post a Comment