Jet Setting

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Photo credit young married chic

Today we're heading off to San Diego for a quick weekend visiting family and knocking off some wedding to-do's. There is nothing worse than seeing somebody schlumping through the airport disheveled in some sort of sweat suit ensemble they picked up off the floor that morning. I'm not saying we should return to the 50's and fly in nylons and pumps, but come on people, get it together. Here's a few of my tips for traveling:

Don't check bags if you can help it. - Once I land, I want to be there, not stand around at a baggage carousel while the new world beckons outside. Not to mention the hassle if the bag gets lost.

Pack a protein snack - I think the Trader Joe's refrigerated section was made for things like this. The day before I like to grab a small packaged salad, a wrap and maybe some nuts to hold you over when those peanuts don't cut it. If you've got the fixins at home, make 'em yourself! Just don't forget a fork.

Moisturize - Do you feel gross when you get off planes, and can't quite figure out why? It's partly because you're parched. I love these mists. They're refreshing and moisturizing and do wonders as a pick me up. Here's an Evian one and one of my personal favorites is by Caudalie.

Wear a pashmina, and bring some fluffy socks - I love these bamboo wraps from Naturally Knotty. They're sustainable and a great bargain. When I travel in the spring and summer I always wear sandals, they're easier to get through security in. But it's nice to slip on a cozy pair of socks on the drafty plane and get cozy underneath your bamboo wrap with a magazine.

Keep nausea at bay - For those of you who get woozy on take offs and landing, Peace of Mind On the Spot from Origins works wonders. Just put it on your pulse points, or just smell it. The peppermint and eucalyptus really helps with nausea.

I'm a little bit weird about germs when I fly. I'm normally not a germaphobe. But when I think about all the germs from across the country (or the world) that have touched my tray table, I get a little eeked out. This is not an official tip. But I also always travel with antibacterial wipes :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment