What's your kickstarter?

Wednesday, April 13, 2011
I often find myself dwelling in what is sadly still an old boys club, it's true, management is still a mostly male dominated world. When you're out there on a mission day after day, especially when faced with adversity (large or small) it's easy to feel like you're fighting a constant uphill battle. This is why you need a kick starter. When you're feeling like the world is happening to you, and you've been chugging along on idle for a while, what's the thing that makes you flip this back around? Everybody needs their special secret thing that reminds them to keep plugging away, and do it with smarts, style and sass.

Girl Power is so blase, but the thing is, sometimes you need some to "get 'er done" if you will. Girls about town are smart, intelligent, savvy, resourceful, and are pretty much amazing on their own, but when you need that extra kick of somethin' somethin' where do you get it?


Ok, this is truly embarrassing... I think of Elle Woods. Yep. The bubbly, pink silly sorority girl. Elle Woods is always herself, always authentic, and usually kicking ass in some way shape or form. I'm not saying you should wear more pink and carry a small dog in your bag, but when I need to remind myself to be myself, I think of Elle Woods and suddenly I am vivacious, smart, fun and authentic, ready to fight the good fight once again, and kick some ass while doing it.

So what's your kickstarter? And how do you keep it near?

0 comments:

Post a Comment