Deep Fried Adventure

Saturday, April 10, 2010
Fire on the Mountain (www.portlandwings.com) is a classic Portland hot-wing mecca. Excuse the annoying website because the wings are worth it. Their first location on Interstate Ave is usually standing room only, but their new location on East Burnside has a lot more room, although oftentimes that location is standing room only as well!

Expect to cozy up at a table or the bar next to some other enthusiastic wing consumers and prepare to gulp down water in between bites of delicious wings. Although they have the basic wing sauce in varying levels of spicyness, their sauces branch into flavors such as Raspberry Habanero, Buffalo Cilantro Lime, Jamaican Jerk, and my personal favorite, The "soon to be famous spicy peanut." For non wing lovers there's salads, sandwiches, pastas, and a wonderful assortment of tater tots, sweet potato fries, and many other items of deep fried deliciousness. (highly recommend the deep fried pickle spears.)

Deep fried Twinkies, Oreos, Snickers Bars, etc have been stuff of food lore for quite a while. Honestly who really wants to subject their gut to such torture? As one who tries to eat healthy most of the time, I feel that eating one of those items could very well erase all my dilligent discipline. I might as well start smoking, drinking Miller High Life and eating buckets of fried chicken for breakfast.... But who can resist the temptation to at least try it once?




Ok so I cut it in half, but if we're being truthful, I think I did eat the other half as well. I can't quite remember. Mmmm it was good, like a warm Oreo cloud... I don't even feel that guilty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment