North 45 has a great margarita!

Saturday, April 11, 2009

I love a good margarita, who doesn't? The margarita is the only fruit-based alcoholic drink that is socially acceptable for males to drink when not on a tropical vacation.
Portland may not be known as a big margarita town, but you'd think it wouldn't be so hard to find a decent one? I have sampled margaritas across town and they have always ranged from terrible to just ok...Until I tried the Yucatan margarita at North 45. North 45 is on NW 21st. The theme being world-travel, the bar is stocked with everything from absinthe to sake to Jamesons. The menu has an extensive listing of various mussels in broths inspired by different countries, I recently had the lemongrass one. Although the mussels themselves were a bit small, the coconut milk lemongrass broth was to die for. The gem of my evening was the margarita, I am very happy to know that I have finally found a place I can go for a margarita I can count on to be good: On the rocks, shaken, not too sweet, just sour enough, light salt.

*I also recommend the French 45 here, but this is about margaritas ;)

1 comments:

  1. PBChristy said...:

    Here is a good "go-with" for margueritas:

    Shrimp Ceviche: 4 chop tomato (drained), 1 chop cucumber, 1 chop onion, 2 bunches chop cilantro, squeeze several limes, hot sauce to taste, 1/2 C ketchup or to taste (yes, pedestrian ketchup - the secret ingrediant!) and cooked bay shrimp. Very yummy on tortilla chips.

    I agree about the sticky blended stuff but I do like mine with a salt rim. From Pacific Beach, Christy

Post a Comment