What to do with 15 Lemons

Thursday, July 21, 2011



I've got to say, I'm not really a DIY person. I'm just not into jerry riggings things up with glue and yarn or whatever to look like something anybody other than my cat would find appealing. Although I really enjoy getting a good laugh at those who are also not DIY people but seem to think they are. If you are in the mood to laugh, check out Regretsy. Hilarious.

Limoncello is symbolic of the lifestyle I hope to one day live. Something about limoncello evokes sun drenched images of chic Italians in white linen reclining on terraces and living La Dolce Vita. Limoncello isn't expensive to buy, but it sure sounded like fun to make! It wasn't until we'd purchased a bottle of 100 proof Portland Vodka and zested 15 lemons, poured it into a bottle with some sugar and whatnot, stuck it in the pantry for a while, shook it a few times and voila, one day we had limoncello!

Here's how to make it

Aside from pouring yourself an ice cold glass of the stuff and hanging out on the porch on a sunny day, you can also make these marvelous cookies with it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment