Life is...

Thursday, May 5, 2011
You know when your life is at a turning point. The air feels different, things start to look different. You don't feel it anymore, you feel something different. The hard part about this time is that more often than not we're not sure where we're heading, and that's the scary part. This week is a quote for myself, which has become something I live by these past few years and so far it's served me well. From Italian artist Federico Fellini, the director of THE La Dolce Vita. Which has become my personal mantra and is subsequently the theme of my wedding this summer.

"You have to live spherically, in many directions, put yourself into life and never lose your openness, your childish enthusiasm throughout the journey that is life, and things will come your way." - Federico Fellini

I used to live spear-ically, like a spear. I put all my effort and momentum behind one tiny point, and got stuck in the ground. Living spherically means to live like a ball. Put yourself fully into your life in many different aspects, your work, your family, friends, interests, hobbies, dreams. That way when something doesn't work out for you, you don't get stuck, you bounce.

Go forth and live spherically!

0 comments:

Post a Comment