Great swanky modern happy hour at Pinot American Brasserie

Friday, March 4, 2011




Pinot American Brasserie is located on SW 12th and Washington in the bottom of the Indigo 12 West building, right around the corner from Jake's Crawfish. A great after-work happy hour spot, especially if you can walk because you're gonna circle the block more than a few times. The atmosphere was what I'd describe as "swanky modern" and their waitstaff was friendly, but not overly so.

Happy hour is weekdays 3-6pm and 9pm to close and features half off a red and white wine and a beer selection, a $2 menu and a $5 menu. The $2 menu features fairly typical items such as hummus plate, caesar salad, fries, and olives with orange zest; however I found the $5 menu to be have some non-typical happy hour additions such as a chicken pot pie, and steak tartare, in addition to the expected burger, calamari, and sandwich selections. I ordered the roast mussels with sausage and basil pesto off the $5 menu and the seafood spread with flatbread off the $2 menu (What can I say, I'm a seafood fan). I found the spread to be a bit bland, but for $2 I'm not going to complain! However the mussels came in a cast iron pan with their broth and juices, they were extremely flavorful and there was a ton of them. I'm looking forward to ordering them again! I definitely think Pinot is a great place for happy hour, it's got a great environment, friendly waitstaff and a good selection on the menu. Just don't drive if you can help it, unless it's late-night when parking is easier!
Check out their Happy Hour Menu Here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment