Pies and Pints in Seattle

Thursday, March 31, 2011

I have a confession to make. I love pot pie. It's terribly unhealthy. Especially the frozen kind from the store. I got one at Costco once and the first ingredient listed was partially hydrogenated oil. So when I met up with a friend after a long day of statistics and corporate finance class and she suggested pot pies, I could barely contain my excitement. Actually I didn't really bother to try and contain it.

Pies and Pints is on 1215 NE 65th St. in Ravenna. It's has an Irish pub feel and is a great place to tuck in some comfort food and a cold beer. The pie (on the right) was chicken in a thyme cream sauce, with a "side" of macaroni and cheese, the cheese had a hint of beer taste to it. Which complimented my beer nicely. ;) I can't attest to the potential levels of trans fat, but it didn't taste like a frozen box to me.

They have a pot pie and a macaroni and cheese of the day. And their happy hour is 4-6pm Monday-Friday and 10:30-close every night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment